Warning to Shareholders
Investor Fraud (Boiler Room Fraud)
The shareholders of many Irish plc's have been receiving phone calls which may be part of a Boiler Room Fraud.
Please be aware that companies, typically from overseas, contact shareholders offering to buy their shares or to sell shares on their behalf at prices which are significantly higher than the market price. Always remember:
- Remain vigilant
- Obtain the correct name of the person and organisation
- Check if the company is appropriately authorised (by a financial regulator)
- Obtain independent advice from a qualified advisor
- Report any unsolicited approaches to the Companys Registrar
- Do not respond to high pressure tactics
To check if the company that contacts you is appropriately authorised to operate as an investment firm in Ireland, check with the Central Bank of Ireland on their website www.centralbank.ie or call +353 (0)1 224 4000. In the UK, check with the FSA on their website www.fsa.gov.uk or call +44 (0)845 606 1234.